Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 15th Shoulders (Delts)

Well my first shoulder workout went pretty much as expected. I did seated front presses as my first exercise. I worked my way up to 135 x 8 and my shoulders were cashed after that. My endurance is never great when working shoulders and this time was no exception, especially since it was my first workout. I did side dumbbell raises, bent over dumbbell raises for rear delts, and dumbbell shrugs for traps. I prefer dumbbell shrugs over barbell shrugs due to the extended range of movement you get with the dumbbells. At this point my endurance should be increasing somewhat but I am still too sore to differentiate fatigue from soreness. Well tomorrow I'm looking forward to my favorite body part to work - arms (bi's and tri's) and I will be psyched up for that despite my lingering muscle fatigue.