Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Does Running Help You Lose Weight?

Does Running Help You Lose Weight?

I jogged 4x a week. I jogged for almost 2hrs. I sometimes jogged together with my older brother and younger brother. This is how we do our bonding together. We sometimes joined fun run, and marathons just to have fun. Yes, fun! That's how we do it, we do have fun but at the same time, we also live a healthy lifestyle.

I was on my way back home when this group of new joggers asked me surprisingly. They asked, "Does running help you lose weight?", I did not answer them right away. I tried to look around and then answer them with a question, "Why not?" With a smile on my face, I went on.

Now, if you have the same question, I believe you also are trying to lose some weight in any way possible. Right? The concept goes like this, you will lose weight when you are burning your energy. When you are running, for sure you are burning some energy. That would simply means that your are also losing some weights. Well, running is indeed a good way to burn your energy, thus, if the amount you burn is way larger than the amount you take, you will basically lose weight. Using some equipments, like BMR calculator, you can measure then calories that your body just burned after you run. To know more about calorie calculator visit BMR calculator.

Let me give you an example, let's say that a person with 100pounds in weight will burn 408calories after a 30minute run with 10mph speed. Now, if that person will run for about an hour, for sure he or she will burn twice the amount of calories, right? If you consume 1500 calories/day, then you run for about 1hr everyday. That would means, you are burning half the amount of calories that your take for that day. And take note, that is only when you are running. Put in mind also that you are not only burning calories by just running, your will also burn some calories while doing other activities too.

Running will help you burn calories as well as help you lose weight. But take not that the calories you burn will depend also to the amount of time you spend running. Just remember this "the more amount of time you spend running, the more calories will be burned from your body". If you want to lose weight fast, you need to double your workout plan, and also with proper diet or well balanced diet.

You can also check our Best at Home exercises to help with your exercise remedies.