Friday, October 23, 2009

Legs Take the Longest to Get Back Into Flow After Layoff

Well my comeback just completed two workout cycles. By that I mean I completed workouts for each body part two times. Without question legs seem to be the most difficult to get back into a good rhythm. For this second leg workout I did barbell squats first for three sets of 135x12, 185x12, and 205x15. Not bad for the second workout but my conditioning or lack thereof showed during this exercise. My rest time in between sets was probably twice as long as when I am in shape and my fatigue level was very high. I never quite recovered my wind which hindered my effectiveness for the rest of the workout. I finished the workout with calves - raises on the leg press and standing calf raises. I was able to get a fair calf burn but not a great pump which I again attribute to my conditioning. I will be hitting the cardio harder so my focus and energies can be with the task at hand and not fatigue.