Friday, October 30, 2009

Discover What Motivational Factors Work For You


I've been lifting now for 35 years and there has been one consistent factor throughout that time and that is motivation. Motivation gets you going when you're feeling a bit lazy and don't want to go to the gym. Motivation gets you that one extra hard fought rep to make you grow. Motivation gives you the drive to be the very best you can be. All of the top bodybuilders have always used it to their advantage to get to the top of their profession.

Personally, I started out very weak and underweight and my motivation was to build muscle so I wasn't that 97 lb. weakling in the Charles Atlas comic book cartoon. As I got older my motivation changed from building up to trimming down and ridding myself of extra fat. During my workout I pictured myself with my stomach protruding and that thought alone drove me to push myself harder. The point is that I used a factor in my life that lit a fire under me to push myself beyond what I normally would do. The same should hold true for everyone. Think about it and choose something that will push you to excel. It may be an ex boyfriend or girlfriend or an irritating boss. Or maybe you want to look great in your swimsuit on the beach. Whatever your motivation is store it in your brain and bring it out when you're lifting to push yourself beyond where you would normally go.


Please visit us at Unique Fitness Concepts for more bodybuilding tips and routines.