Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Favorite Giant Set Routine for Biceps and Triceps

One of my favorite giant set routines…

Out of any body part or muscle group I really love doing giant sets when I am training arms. You recover much quicker between sets as the biceps and triceps are relatively small muscles and you can really increase the intensity for a maximum pump once you get the hang of it. Here’s one of my favorite routines which has minor variations to avoid monotony and stagnation. Use weights or resistance which you can perform the following repetitions:

* Standing Barbell Biceps Curls: 8 – 10 reps
* Triceps Pushdowns: 8 - 12 reps
* Seated Dumbbell Curls: 6 - 10 reps
* Skull Crushers (lying triceps eye raises): 8 – 12 reps
* Preacher Curls: 8 – 12 reps
* One Arm Triceps Extensions: 8 -12 reps.

As you see I alternate bi's and tri's I perform four circuits of this for a total of 24 sets (12 for biceps and 12 for triceps) in around 30 minutes! I love it because of the intensity you can obtain along with the short workout time! However I usually do this about 1 out of every 3 - 4 times I do arms so the routine remains fresh which translates to higher intensity and more muscle growth. There you have it, the benefits of giant sets. They can really give you a lift when your arm workout routine needs a boost.

Please visit Unique Fitness Concepts for more workout routines, tips, and equipment.