Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Does Swimming Help lose Weight?

Does Swimming Help lose Weight?

Last 3 weeks ago, I went out together with my family for a 3days family vacation. We had some fun. It was very nice. I went to my aunt's house, dropped to visit her. I went to their pool to chill. It's been quite a while since I went there for a swim.

Just last week, I went back to my Aunt's house. I've been planning to go to their house to answer my friend's question regarding swimming. She asked me if "does swimming help lose weight".

Now, If you want to lose weight, I would recommend swimming activity to be added to your exercise routine. Even if you will just do it during weekends. I and my cousin agreed to do this (we started last week), to see if it will really work. By the way, my cousin is about 187lbs. He wants to lose some weight and his target goal is 150lbs. He is currently doing some best at home exercises that I posted on this site. So, without further ado, let's find out if swimming will help us lose weight.
Swimming: Mind soothing, builds body muscles, regulates breathing and stimulates blood circulation. This are some of the benefits that we can get when we swim. This is by far the ideal exercise for everyone that I would recommend. It is a complete package. It will help you strengthen your muscles, makes you more flexible, and most of all, it will help you with your cardiovascular fitness. (That's the reason why I and my cousin agreed to have a regular swimming activity at their house.)

Swimming is one of the best stress buster. Did you know that most of the top executives do their de-stressing by taking a swim? In fact, swimming is one of the best way to unwind, it will helps us or you to take away the stress that we acquire during busy days. It will also help us with our tensions to disappear. It will help us relax our muscles when we do some floating. Have you noticed that after you take a swim, you feel soothed and more relaxed?

Though there are a lot of debatable problems with regards to losing weight through swimming. I would say that it is definitely not true. There are some researchers that says "swimming can actually make you fat" others would say that "swimming will actually slows down fat loss in some people because of the natural and innate survival mechanism found in the human body", thus they conclude that it's difficult to lose fat in water. Well, I would not agree on this. If you are only referring to sweating = weight loss thing, then you are 100 percent wrong. I and some of my friends agreed that it is all about our heart beat. Swimming is really good if you are losing weight, it helps us build our lungs. I've been doing swimming for about an hour(way back 3 years ago), and it really gives me great results. And I can see that to my friends too who didn't stop their swimming routine.

As far as I'm concern, I strongly suggest that swimming can help us lose weight. Though there are some debates around that swimming couldn't help you lose weight, I wouldn't care at all. I have proven it, so there's no need to doubt if swimming can help us lose weight. Just look at all the swimmers around the world, have you seen a fat swimmer? They're maybe an athlete, but those lean muscles are the results from swimming. Additional info, swimming can burn calories from 350 to 420 per hour. How's that?

So, if you are still not convinced regarding swimming to lose weight.Just put this in mind, that swimming is a complete fitness exercise which will help us de-stress and treats our mind and body. Try it, and let me know what you find out after a month.