Friday, December 2, 2011

Fractured leg

Ouch! Yesterday I fractured my fibula bone, near my ankle. Oh well.
So, I'm on crutches, using a wheel chair and also a scooter. I'm all equipped. I was at Maria's house coming down her stairs and I missed a step or two and hit the tile really hard. I should have taken off my glasses because the bottom part of the lens is about 300 and used for reading....and I couldn't see well. Anyway, I was fine for about 4 hours until something must have cracked. I was at Michaels' getting some ornaments and I was suddenly in severe pain. I hopped around looking for a basket, bought my items while on one leg and hopped out to the car. I couldn't drive with my right foot. I was in excruciating pain driving along with my left foot. I hopped into the house and then crawled to the couch. I called Larry. Yeah for Larry. He came to the rescue and brought me to the doctor. Now I am wearing a removable cast up to my knee. It could take up to 8 weeks to heal. Another trial. I'm so glad that my house is all decorated and the tree is up. I wish it wouldn't have happened and I will be more careful in the future. But....come what may and love it!