Thursday, November 19, 2009

Obtaining a Peak in Your Biceps


I often get questions from bodybuilders regarding training techniques. Here is one of the better questions I've received regarding biceps training.

Question: I work my biceps constantly. They are getting bigger but I can't seem to get that peak on them that I see on other bodybuilders. What do you suggest I do?
Eric B.
Peoria, IL



Hi Eric. Unfortunately, a large part of a great bicep peak is the way your muscle is shaped at birth. In other words, it's part of your genetic makeup. However, you can improve if you regularly perform several peak contraction movements like concentration curls and Preacher or Scott curls. Remember to squeeze or flex your biceps at the top of the movement. Try that for your next few biceps workouts and over a few month's time you should notice an improvement.