Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My friend

I just want to share a special experience that happened this morning. A dear

friend called me and said that she was reading her scriptures this morning and

thought of me.
So, she called and said that she is concerned about having a big trial in her life

someday and that she wants to be prepared for it. So, she was studying the atonement and is

trying to increase her faith. She asked me how I can remain happy and positive through my

health trial. She realizes that I am getting better and that a miracle is occurring and wanted to

ask about what has given me strength to meet my trial. She is so sweet and it touched me heart

to think that she is trying to prepare now...for the future. Most people don't even think about

trials until one hits them. So we talked and cried together. I told her that I don't have to worry

about things because the Lord told me I would be healed all the way and instructed me where

to go to get the help I needed. I just trust in the Lord and know that He keeps His promises.

At the same time, I am doing the things He asked me to do. I know that it is not occurring just

because of my faith. It is because of the faith of so many. Faith is real and it precedes the

miracle. Then she asked if there was anything else that has blessed my life and gives me

strength, and I told her about D & C 98: 1-3 and how the early saints were being persecuted and

how they were instructed to handle trials. They were given 5 things to do. I learned those

steps when my husband was so sick and now I can apply them to myself and I am... and they

work.

They are to fear not, let your hearts be comforted, rejoice evermore, in everything give thanks,

wait patiently on the Lord for he has heard our prayers....and all things will work out for our

good.

So, life is wonderful and I am again very grateful for the tender mercies that the Lord is

granting to me.

By the way, I just got back from a nice long walk around the neighborhood and to the retention

basin and I feel great!